Monday, May 19, 2014

Prayers for Pregnancy

Dear God, please keep me from fear and anxiety. Put trust and a calm, peaceful spirit in their place. May your truths be what circulate through my mind. God help me to love those who tell me painful and heartbreaking birthing stories. May I be able to give them some of the comfort they are seeking. Keep me from complaining. Remind me constantly that this child is a gift and that many women desperately crave to feel the joys and burdens of being pregnant and having children. Remind me that birth is normal and beautiful and that you made my body to do this. Keep me from being selfish about my body, what it looks like and will look like. May I welcome each transition, feeling, emotion and pain as a right of passage. Help me remember that pain is only pain and that it is only temporary. Keep me calm, as worry and freaking-out never helped anyone. Please help me to remember my husband in this time, that he was the first person I committed my life to. May I not be so involved in myself and this baby that I forget to love him well. May I also see beyond my own needs and emotions to those around me, to friends, family, strangers, nurses, and doctors. Keep me from being self-consumed. May I already set the example for my child now in pregnancy and during birth. Remind me of the positive birth stories I know and of the amazing women they belong to. May you give me a birth story that can encourage and comfort other new moms. Thank you for this gift. Thank you for this opportunity. Please keep me grateful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment